Buying and Selling Real Estate - Step-by-Step
Here is a very brief outline of the process of buying or selling real estate:-
- Pre-qualify for finance - sets a realistic price limit
- Create your wish list
- Find a Realtor to be a Buyer's Agent
- Review listings with agent and view homes
- Work with agent on making an offer - includes conditions etc. such as subject to finance, home inspection, appraisal, earnest money
- Agent negotiates offer on your behalf
- If accepted, earnest money paid into seller's agent escrow account
- Confirm mortgage with financing company
- Move in!
- Find a Realtor
- List house
- Curb appeal!
- Stay away during inspections
- Your agent brings you ALL offers and negotiates on your behalf
- Accept offer
- Agent works on details for closing
- Get your money!