Finances - useful resources
Buying or selling real estate can mean putting a lot of thought and effort into the money side of things. Can you afford to buy a home? Is it better to rent, or buy? What is Predatory Lending? Can you afford to sell? If you're having difficulty making your mortgage payments, learn below how to avoid foreclosure.
For some people, selling proves very difficult, because they owe more on their property than they can sell it for. Fortunately, there's lots of advice available, from lenders, from Government agencies, and from web sites.
Below are links to helpful articles distilled from the collective experience of the National Association of REALTORS®, and collected for you by Preferred Country Realty. Most of the articles are in PDF format, and you'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. The Adobe Reader is available for download HERE.
● How Big a Mortgage Can I Afford
● Budget Basics Work Sheet
● 5 Factors That Decide Your Credit Score
● 8 Ways to Improve Your Credit
● 8 steps to getting your finances in order
● 6 Creative Ways to Afford a Home
● Choices That Will Affect Your Loan
● 10 Questions to Ask Your Lender
● 10 Things a Lender Needs From You
● Understanding Capital Gains in Real Estate
● How to Avoid Predatory Lending
● How to Avoid Foreclosure and Keep Your Home
● Subprime Lending Facts from the National Association of Realtors
● Subprime Lending In-Depth from the National Association of Realtors